The UCC is an open and welcoming church, this will also be true for the Extravagance community. Who do you visualize when we speak about Extravagance members?
- with no UCC church or ONA congregation in their vicinity
- with no progressive congregation with which to relate
- students who leave home for college
- with disabilities who cannot “go” to church
- with special needs who like the low-threshold aspect of online communication
- who commute / live in a different city than their family / partner, so Sunday morning is family time
- who “live online”
- who are US expatriates and live overseas
- who are LGBT seekers in other countries where there are no welcoming churches
- who have worked or studied in the US and are socialized in an American church or belong to ecumenical partner churches
What do you think?